Subject: Re: [libssh2] Source indenting

Re: [libssh2] Source indenting

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:07:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Chris Nystrom wrote:

> I think she meant what are you trying to fix with your indenting.

Basicly, I find the very long source lines hard to read. I either have the
editor window narrow and see them wrap multiple times, or I'd have to use very
wide editors which then makes the programming logic get spread out
horizontally instead of vertically - which is how I am used to and how I
prefer to write and read code.

I realize I'm a bit annoying here and in normal circumstances I of course just
obey the project's guidelines and existing habits. But now I really feel like
editing in lots of places and work on and with this project and then I
consider the long lines to be a major source readability problem.

A 79/80 column limit is used/enforced by very many projects, so I don't think
I'm alone with this preference.