Subject: Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:43:47 +0100

"Mononen Jussi" <Jussi.Mononen_at_comptel.com> writes:

>>> Is there a standard on what the SECSH filenames are?
> AFAIK there are no restrictions, so far I have seen various version
> containing more or less host/user/strength information in the filename.

Sigh.. I was hoping for some well-established de-facto standard where
the file is placed, e.g. ~/.secsh/key.pub or whatever.

>>> Is it wise to have the libssh2 public-key-file reader
>>> support both formats in the same file?
> I can't see any harm, instead it will allow users to send SECSH
> formatted public key to a server requiring during authentication.

I thought this was only about the disk-format, does it affect the wire
format also? I'd assume that the protocol clearly specified the
format of public keys on the wire.

libssh2-devel mailing list