Subject: Re: [libssh2] How to make SSH server responses very slow?

Re: [libssh2] How to make SSH server responses very slow?

From: James Housley <jim_at_thehousleys.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:23:50 -0500

On Jan 23, 2007, at 8:06 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Hey
> Since we're not yet having our own SSH test server, does anyone
> have any good
> idea on how to slow down the response/transfer from a SSH server?
> In order to
> try my non-blocking code really good, it would be nice to have a
> server that
> responds with only a few bytes/second so that almost every socket-
> reading call
> would be affected...

At least on FreeBSD, and I am guessing similar can be done with
Linux, you can use the firewall. Using "ipfw" and traffic shaping
you could write rules to force a max data rate and/or delays. http://

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .
  X  - NO Word docs in e-mail .
jeh@FreeBSD.org      http://www.FreeBSD.org     The Power to Serve
jim@TheHousleys.Net  http://www.TheHousleys.net
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is no similarity.
       -- From the "I wish I'd said that" archives.

libssh2-devel mailing list