Subject: Re: [libssh2] Hanging in libssh2_channel_free?

Re: [libssh2] Hanging in libssh2_channel_free?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:58:06 -0700

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:02:29PM -0400, Cary Fitzhugh wrote:
> So I found a place where it?s hanging ?
>
> It?s waiting to recv the SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_CLOSE from the server.
>

> If I comment out that bit of code (which I think was added recently to fix an
> SCP problem) the system transfers text files just fine.
>
> But binary files are hosed.
>

> I think I could add a switch that would only look for the SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_CLOSE
> on an scp transfer,

The specs say that you *have* to wait for the close before tearing down
the connection. Not doing so can (and does) cause problems, like the
truncated file seen in the curl test suite. Is the sftp server not sending
the close or is it not being received/interpreted by libssh2? The fix that
was checked in a couple of days ago might fix the latter kind of problem.

>>> Dan