Subject: Re: Cannot set up sftp connection?

Re: Cannot set up sftp connection?

From: Steven Van Ingelgem <steven_at_vaningelgem.be>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:46:29 +0200

2009/7/4 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:
>
> non-blocking mode is way too slow... It took me more than 1 hour to list
>> 10k files on my ssh server, whereas the blocking mode before listed that in
>> around 0.5 minute...
>>

> If so, that's another bug. There's nothing in the code that should make
> non-blocking slower.

there were 2 things I tried:
1) use the EAGAIN return value combined with the wait_socket as written in 1
of the examples: result: block the stream. I imagine because the setting up
of the event handler takes longer than the first event happening on the
socket.
2) do a while( == EAGAIN) loop without anything in there: result: +- 45s,
meaning it is faster again. But it is hogging the CPU a lot.

There was also a "bug" in my code in that I opened each file after I got the
name from the dirread function. As such it slowed down a lot.

Blocking mode doesn't work at all (Mac OS X) at my side... Even the example
doesn't want to work :(.

Grtz,
Steven