Subject: Re: release time soonish?

Re: release time soonish?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:57:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Mark Smith wrote:

> Attached is the vanilla patch as I don't have any other platforms to hand to
> attempt compilation; I've included a conditional #define because WINAPI
> won't be defined on anything but Windows - it might not be in the right
> place. Please feel free to adapt if more conditional defines are required,
> for example around the typedefs.

Can you explain what WINAPI is and does and how it differs from the
LIBSSH2_API define?

Also, the patches for win32/libssh2_dll.dsp and win32/libssh2_lib.dsp didn't
apply for me:

patching file win32/libssh2_dll.dsp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 7.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 40.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 54.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 68.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 82.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 198.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 207.
7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file win32/libssh2_dll.dsp.rej
patching file win32/libssh2_lib.dsp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 7.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 49.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 74.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 161.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 170.
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file win32/libssh2_lib.dsp.rej

> I'm also personally using the pubkey patch that allows me to specify only
> the private key file and have the library generate the public key from it,
> but I haven't included those changes in this patch as it's OpenSSL specific
> at the very least, and also it's not relevant to the reason for this patch.
> Don't suppose there's any news on making this available in the mainsteam
> version?

I don't know what specific patch you're talking about so I can't tell!

In general I'm not completely against adding functionality that is specific
for one of the crypto-libs, as I believe getting that added can help getting
contributors to help out with the "other side"'s implementation... But of
course I prefer to keep support for both libs in sync feature-wise.