Subject: RE: release time soonish?

RE: release time soonish?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:48:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Mark Smith wrote:

>> Doesn't our LIBSSH2_API already make our external API use the correct
>> exposure stuff?
>
> That's a slightly different issue - it's used for symbols exported
> publically from the library to be consumed by the caller. It's not the same
> as callbacks that are exposed by the caller to be consumed by the library. I
> thought I'd mention this out of order because it's the basis of my
> understanding and thus the reason for my changes.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I think I get it now. What I *don't* get is
why other projects manage quite fine with callbacks with any added WINAPI
things.

At the moment, I'm going to postpone the acceptance of this particular change
as nobody else seems to speak for it excellence and so many seem to manage
fine without it.