Subject: Re: a libssh2 release soon

Re: a libssh2 release soon

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:09:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:

> MinGW compilation with *-Wall -Werror -Wextra*:

-Werror is of course your choice. libssh2 does not build warning free so I
wouldn't use that...

> C:\TEMP\SVN\libssh2\src\session.c: In function 'session_nonblock':
> C:\TEMP\SVN\libssh2\src\session.c:241: error: unused parameter 'sockfd'
> C:\TEMP\SVN\libssh2\src\session.c:242: error: unused parameter 'nonblock'

This is more serious that this looks like, as I already posted about. This
means configure didn't detect a proper way to do non-blocking sockets for you
and thus the function doesn't do it. And you get the warnings about unused
variables.

The variables SHOULD be used in that function.

> C:\TEMP\SVN\libssh2\src\session.c: In function '_libssh2_wait_socket':
> C:\TEMP\SVN\libssh2\src\session.c:507: error: comparison between signed and
> unsigned integer expressions

Isn't this again your (local) changing of the socket variable to unsigned?