Subject: Re: SCP upload failure

Re: SCP upload failure

From: Jeremy Knope <jerome_at_ambrosiasw.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:56:35 -0400

On Aug 24, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Jeremy Knope wrote:
>
>> [libssh2] 4.745432 Conn: Close received for channel 0/0
>>
>> Seems like libssh2 says the channel close was received but is still
>> blocked?
>
> Ehum. It does indeed look like you're onto something here.
>
>> Not sure if I'm reading it right, but I'm going to tweak some more
>> and see if I can get more info about what's going on with writing
>> of the data.
>
> That "Close received" message comes from the _libssh2_packet_add()
> function. The _libssh2_packet_add() gets called from one place, and
> that's from fullpacket() which is only called from within
> _libssh2_transport_read() which is the lowest level SSH transport
> reading function.
>
> I have a feeling that the error is around src/channel.c:1830 (in
> current git) where it only checks the remote.close or
> libssh2_channel_eof() if bytes_read == 0, which seems like wrong
> presumption.

hope that helps then, the tests I was just doing where it was hanging
on close wait was just to 'localhost', just was doing a couple tests
on a local OS X server to see if there's a difference with trace on
etc. With that server it's consistently corrupting the files but
successfully exiting the wait, just all the files I've tried ended up
bad on the other end. I don't see anything suspicious in the trace,
or know if it's related to the above issue. Here's an example of an
image file: