Subject: Re: Finally fixing password and kbd-int userauth, and git talk

Re: Finally fixing password and kbd-int userauth, and git talk

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:44:36 +0100

Dave McCaldon wrote:
> >> another, similar define LIBSSH2_ERROR_PUBLICKEY_UNVERIFIED. I'm
> >> not sure how this relates to LIBSSH2_ERROR_PUBLICKEY_UNRECOGNIZED.
> >
> > I'm surprised you're not sure. It is unrelated and does not need to
> > be touched.
>
> The descriptions are vague:

So look at the code. It's used for a very different auth failure.

> > This patch you sent was 2/2, so apparently it is not the only patch
> > you have against current master? Or was the first one already pushed
> > by Daniel?
>
> Correct, I did a 'git pull', but not with --rebase.

Okey. Now there are more changes, so I guess you should pull again.
Please make sure to always use rebase when working on a shared repo.

> > In that case you can git pull --rebase and after that
> > would you only be a single commit ahead? If you only need to change
> > the very latest commit in your repo then things are very simple, just
> > change files, git add them, then git commit --amend
> >
> > Or do you need to change an older commit?
>
> I have since committed a fix to the context strings in libssh_debug().

Okey. Then you need to checkout the authfix commit, amend it, and
finally rebase the debugstring fix onto the amended authfix commit.
One way is with branches:

git branch debugstrings
git checkout -b authfix theauthfixcommitid
change files
git add files
git commit --amend
git rebase authfix debugstrings
git branch -D master
git checkout -b master debugstrings
git branch -d authfix debugstrings

(Read git-branch and git-rebase man pages for descriptions, or ask.)