Subject: Re: Export default functions in the API

Re: Export default functions in the API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:44:00 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Sofian Brabez wrote:

> What do you think replace #define functions by real functions in LIBSSH2_API
> ?
>
> Let me explain more with libssh2_session_init example below.
>
> Presently we have this definition in include/libssh2.h :
>
> #define libssh2_session_init() libssh2_session_init_ex(NULL, NULL, NULL,
> NULL)

When we bump the ABI the next time I want to remove all uses of defined macros
in the public API and only provide actual functions.

In the mean time, I plan to provide a lookup-thing on the libssh2.org web page
that will help users figure out the actual function call the macro is using,
and I'll use that to improve the links from the examples hosted on the site.

I'd also like to mention that 'make tags' and using the produced generated
lookup-table is a neat way to find symbols in the code.