Subject: RE: FIPS Support

RE: FIPS Support

From: James Yerge <jyerge_at_tenable.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:55:19 -0400

Sorry, should've been more verbose :)

Basically, detect if we're operating in FIPS mode and determine what
functions cannot be called directly. For instance, RSA_public_decrypt()
cannot be called directly when operating in FIPS mode, the EVP_Verify*
functions have to be used instead. I would also assume that determination of
FIPS only algorithms would need to be used when operating in FIPS mode.

The RSA_public_decrypt() is just an example.