Subject: Re: libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

Re: libssh2_sftp_seek64 doesn't work

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:50:53 +0100

On 26 August 2011 17:51, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
>
>>> We should work on fixing things so that we never send broken packets,
>>> even
>>> if EAGAIN is returned and another function is called afterwards.
>>
>> Out of interest, what are people using the non-blocking mode for now if
>> this doesn't work? Only for progress display?
>
> Well, first it is only a problem in a very small fraction of all cases.
> Then, the problem is probably often not that serious to an application when
> it occurs since it would normally be when it shuts down things.

Howso? Can't all functions return E_AGAIN at which point the caller
might choose to abort (i.e. not call the function again, possibly
calling a different function later)?

> I've never seen a report about this, not here and not among libcurl users
> (who should be able to trigger this I suspect).
>
> I don't know what people use non-blocking mode for, but I know that libcurl
> uses it to offer SCP and SFTP transfers to applications such as curl.

I guess what I'm asking then is in what way does curl benefit from
using libssh2 in non-blocking rather than blocking mode?

Alex

--
Swish: Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)