Subject: Re: some warnings when compiling for windows

Re: some warnings when compiling for windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:43:43 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Vincent Torri wrote:

> as i said, i'm also doing that kind of work and it does not annoy me.
> Actually, i'm already happy to just have patches from other people for the
> project i mentioned :)

Well, instead of it being basically a 10 second job of doing 'git am' on a
patch, you make it into a several-minute job.

I don't know what others do on their spare times, but I would do more use in
more open source projects if more contributors helped me shrink down more jobs
into 10 second ones rather than multiple minutes.

I don't think anyone says doing something for a few minutes is a big effort.
It is the bottle neck when a few people do these sort of things a lot that we
don't like, when we can have it distributed and shared a lot better.

Does it make me not appreciate un-polished patches? No. But I still prefer
them to be as polished as possible...