Subject: Trying to understand keepalive

Trying to understand keepalive

From: Fritz Elfert <fritz_at_fritz-elfert.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 03:09:26 +0100

Hi guys,

Studying the source of libssh2 (current git), I noticed, that while
libssh2 supports sending keepalive messages as well as replying to
keepalives sent from the server, it apparently does *not* act on the
libssh2_keepalive_send(). Searching the ML-archives, I even stumbled
over a Ticket, containing a patch which implements this functionality.
(At least to some degree - compared to openssh).

http://trac.libssh2.org/ticket/183

However that ticket was closed as "outdated".

So am I missing something here?
Or: How am I (as a user of libssh2) supposed to find out, if the server
has properly responded to the keepalive that I just sent?

Please enlighten me...
 -Fritz

PS: Just in case I'm right and libssh2 is missing the necessary code,
I'll be happy to provide another patch (against current git).