Subject: Re: Problems linking the test aplication for VC

Re: Problems linking the test aplication for VC

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:33:20 +0200

Juan Pablo Véliz García wrote:
> I'm beginning to use the library and have problems in the link step in the
> Test aplication for VC
>
> I compiled the library successfully and I putted the library in the lib
> directory of Visual C++ 6.0

I guess you have to tell your build system that you actually want to
link against the library. This is completely outside the domain of
libssh2, it is completely about you knowing how to use your tools.

> Linking...
> simple.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__libssh2_exit
> simple.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__libssh2_session_free
> simple.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__libssh2_session_init_ex
> simple.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__libssh2_init
> simple.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__libssh2_base64_decode
> simple.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.

This is completely useless without seeing the command executed.
Suggest go to a VC support channel for help on how to use VC.