Subject: Re: [libssh2] Where the hell has Sara been?

Re: [libssh2] Where the hell has Sara been?

From: Jens Alfke <jens_at_mooseyard.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:37:58 -0800

On 12 Nov '06, at 5:58 AM, James Housley wrote:

> It is not that hard to do within the framework that is provided. All
> I need to do is, http://sourceforge.net/docs/E04/#import :
>
> * rsync the whole repository to my machine, done. [...]

Alternatively, perhaps heretically, the project could be moved from
SourceForge to a different host that offers Subversion (which supports
versioned moves) — http://launchpad.net is pretty popular, and IMHO
the site's UI is much better than SF.

There are also distributed version-control systems that don't require
any special hosting, and let people keep their own repositories and
publish branches that can then be integrated into the mainline with a
single command: SVK is built on Subversion, but there are other good
ones like Bazaar, Monotone, Darcs...

--Jens

[Mostly lurking, but I'm a bit of a version-control nerd so I couldn't
resist interrupting]