Subject: Re: [libssh2] Remove OPENSSL_NO_SHA ifdef's?

Re: [libssh2] Remove OPENSSL_NO_SHA ifdef's?

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:52:12 +0100

On 15 jan 2007, at 18.57, Sara Golemon wrote:

>> Btw, is it ok to install my libgcrypt patches? If you'd like more
>> time to review them, how about if I install it on a branch? That
>> creates more work eventually, when the branch has to be merged with
>> HEAD, but it will makes things easier for me and Daniel to test
>> things
>> with curl.
>>
> Knock yourself out.

Done! The first round was for (HMAC-)SHA1/MD5/RNG only, but I have
RSA verification working for the client, and expect to commit more
next week.

I have no idea how to test the server mode of libssh2 though. Is
that even supported? I see there are some RSA signing stuff going
on, and I'd assume that is for the server side, but right now I'm to
deep into details to remember how things worked on a high level.

> I'm still under a gun with work, but I can see
> light at the end of the tunnel. Btw- I've been idling in #curl (as
> well
> as #libssh2) lately if you feel the need to poke me in real time.
> (Freenode for anyone who's not sure where those channels are).

Ok, good to know!

> As for PEM reading, I slammed my head through a wall with that
> subject a
> year or so ago and have some decent parsers available. I'll look at
> pushing these some point after the dust settles on your gcrypt work.

Ok. I might implement something simple as well. The ASN.1 required
to read RSA/DSA keys is pretty minimal, and it is easy to implement
ad-hoc without any fancy bloated asn.1 library.

Thanks,
Simon