Subject: Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

From: Sara Golemon <pollita_at_libssh2.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:55:09 -0800

> I thought this was only about the disk-format, does it affect the wire
> format also? I'd assume that the protocol clearly specified the
> format of public keys on the wire.

The format of the blob which is sent over the wire is fixed and well
defined. It's basicly the base64 decode version of the meaningful
portion of either file (hence my earlier example using the same base64
sequence in both versions).

Again though, this is just the public key format we're talking about, it
doesn't address private keys at all, and without a private key, the
public key is useless.

-Sara