Subject: Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.15 Problems authenticating

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:34:45 +0200

Hi Paul,

> I still ran into the problem of not being able to compile the library out
> of the box. MSVC 2005 does not define theses two types:
> ssize_t
> uint32_t

> I had to typdef them in under the noted spot in my first post.
ok, can you please compile + run the attached test sample and tell me the output you get?
just compile this on commandline with cl.

> Just curious, but is there any reason that the win32 build is centered
> around VS 6.0 instead of VS 2005? I can add my solution and project files if
> it would help. The only thing a user would have to do is point the project
> to the right spot for their zlib and openssl items.
AFAIK its always possible to import a msvc6 project file into vs2005, but not the other way,
and we should therefore stay with the lowest version since there might be other projects
which still use msvc6. Also I'd suggest that you add the OpenSSL and zlib paths in the IDE itself;
if we would add them to the project files others would always have to adjust the paths in the project
files, so better adjust it once in your IDE settings, and change only if you update the other
dependent projects...
What I really would like to have is _one_ project file which can build all samples, but not sure if
that's really possible, I fear for that we need a a single project file for each sample....

BTW. did you also try the commandline NMakefile? And is the DLL usable at all?

greets, Guenter.