Subject: Re: [libssh2] Problem compiling libssh2 under solaris

Re: [libssh2] Problem compiling libssh2 under solaris

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:15:53 +0200

Hi David,
> I'm trying to compile libssh2 on my machine, but I'm getting an error
> I'm not able to track down, I was hoping someone here could give me some
> pointers.

> Below is a sample session and what I'm getting:

> [mossda:~/libssh-0.2]$ make
> ln -s -f ../../config.h include/libssh/config.h
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -g -O2 -Wall -g -I../include/ -c
> client.c
> mkdir .libs
> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -g -I../include/ -c client.c -fPIC -DPIC -o
> .libs/client.o
> In file included from client.c:26:
> ../include/libssh/priv.h:133: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
> '__attribute__' before 'md5_init'

it seems to me that you are on the wrong list here cause it doesnt look at all that you really use libssh2...

1) your basedir is named libssh (and not libssh2)
2) you have a file client.c which isnt part of libssh2
3) your build includes /include/libssh/priv.h which isnt our dir, nor our file.

greets, Guenter.