Subject: [libssh2] SFTP read hanging forever (LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN)

[libssh2] SFTP read hanging forever (LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN)

From: <tonyspoken_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:24:35 +0200

Hi all,

i'm facing two kind of problems that possibly are connected together in some way. These are basically related to a SFTP download using non blocking sockets (the file was about 2 Mega). What i noticed is that:

1) If i use a window size of 32768 at a certain point the libssh2_sftp_read returns a EAGAIN value forever. The select doesn't return any negative or zero values, meaning probably that the library is not reading anymore from the socket ... This problem presents itself in a quite random fashion, so sometimes the file is downloaded sometimes not.

2) Lowering the download windows size, library seems to work correctly. But i tried to do an experiment: while download was in progress i put the openSSH server offline (unpluggin the cable) the result was that the library libssh2_sftp_read returned a EAGAIN value forever, and the select didn't fail at all.

I'm currently working as a client on a SUN Solaris 9 and as servers i tried on a linux machine and a HP-UX machine, both shipping openSSH servers.

Please could you comment on those?
I'm sending also my source code which follows very nearly the implementation of the example sftp_RW_nonblock

Thanks in advance,
Antonio ------------------------------------------------------ Leggi GRATIS le tue mail con il telefonino i-mode™ di Wind http://i-mode.wind.it/