Subject: Re: [libssh2] R: SFTP read hanging forever (LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN)

Re: [libssh2] R: SFTP read hanging forever (LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:19:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Antonio wrote:

> I used libssh2 0.17 version both with the latest patch in CVS you provided
> for the SCP case of hanging, and without this patch(pure 0.17 version).

Please try the latest CVS too, just to be sure we haven't fixed this already.

> And probably i misused the "window size" expression here. I simply passed a
> read buffer of 32 and 16 Kb to the libssh2_sftp_read, ready to be filled.

ok, I understand.

> What i noticed was that also with the 16 Kb buffer request, using a file
> larger than 10 Meg the downloads hung at a certain point. Have you ever
> tried to manipulate the sftp_RW_nonblock.c using larger buffers (i.e.
> 16,32Kb) instead of the 1000 bytes buffer in the example, and to download
> larger files?

Yes, and I fixed a problem related to that not too long ago. Can't remember
exactly when off the top of my head though.

> Most probably you could replicate the same scenario... Let me know if you
> have the same behaviour.

I currently don't have much time for libssh2, so I haven't tried anything of
this myself recently.