Subject: [libssh2] how to Compile libssh2 and exemples under windows ?

[libssh2] how to Compile libssh2 and exemples under windows ?

From: Tom Marynowski <tom.marynowski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:16:45 -0500

Hello,

 I work under Windows XP. I use Borland.

 I am not being able to compile libssh2 or scp example include with
library. The big question is how to compile libssh2 and examples. ???

Some one can help my to understand how to compile example, I have not
found “how to” or tutorial..

To compile scp.c, what I need first ? Compile library?

To compile library, I have installed gnu make (and gnu awka ) with
setup. (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html).

I use Borland, but they were a path conflict between the Borland make
and gnu make. So I have temporarily disabled the Borland Environment
variable.

I have tried:

 C:\libssh2-0.17\win32>make -f makefile
gcc -O2 -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -DLIBSSH2_WIN32 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall
-I. -I../i
nclude -I../../openssl-0.9.8e/outinc
-I../../openssl-0.9.8e/outinc/openssl -I../
../zlib-1.2.3 -c ../src/channel.c -o release/channel.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, gcc -O2 -DNDEBUG -DWIN32
-DLIBSSH2_WIN32 -fno
-strict-aliasing -Wall -I. -I../include -I../../openssl-0.9.8e/outinc
-I../../op
enssl-0.9.8e/outinc/openssl -I../../zlib-1.2.3 -c ../src/channel.c -o
release/ch
annel.o, ...) failed.
make (e=2): Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable.
make: *** [release/channel.o] Erreur 2

I suppose than openssl is missing. I have installed openssl binarie for
windows, and i have also uncompressed source version of openssl-0.9.8e.

But the directory openssl-0.9.8e/outinc or openssl/outinc ( in
binairie) don’t exist.

Should I install openssl-0.9.8e if i have already install binary?
My Environment variable for openssl is set:
OPENSSL_CONF c:\OpenSSL\bin\openssl.cnf

It seems that example include with library are for a client (SCP). Is it
possible to use this example as support tout build a same SCP server??
Or the SCP server will be totally different??

If yes some one have and SCP server example. ??

Best regards,

Tom.marynowski at gmail dot com