Subject: [libssh2] [ libssh2-Bugs-1862722 ] libssh2_poll doesn't work on win32

[libssh2] [ libssh2-Bugs-1862722 ] libssh2_poll doesn't work on win32

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:15:22 -0800

Bugs item #1862722, was opened at 2008-01-02 13:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dfandrich
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=703942&aid=1862722&group_id=125852

not just the latest update.
>Category: misc
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Using libssh2 0.18, I found that libssh2_poll doesn't work on win32. It would always return 1, and the revents field of the LIBSSH2_POLLFD object I passed in would be set to garbage.

I found that the reason for this was that on WIN32, neither HAVE_SELECT nor HAVE_POLL get defined. The way libssh2_poll is written assumes that either the "ifdef HAVE_POLL" or "ifdef HAVE_SELECT" block of code will get exected. If neither executes then no packets ever actually get read, it it just returns garbage.

Since Win32 does provide select, I simply defined HAVE_SELECT in win32/libssh2_config.h, and also made a small change to libssh2_priv.h so it won't try to include unix-only header files on windows. This made libssh2_poll work correctly on Windows. I've tested this patch with VStudio 2003 on a win32 machine, and VStudio 2005 on a win64 machine.

The patch file is attached.