Subject: Re: [libssh2] Wrap up a release!

Re: [libssh2] Wrap up a release!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:47:57 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> And yeah, whatever you want in the release (or not), now is a good time to
> speak up!

Okay, so I'd like to get Heiner Steven's problems with non-blocking use
properly researched and hopefully fixed first, to feel sufficiently sure that
libssh2 does non-blocking stuff pretty good.

Then I (we?) need to move the blocking-logic towards the API layer and do
everything internally entirely non-blocking as I mentioned before. It will
make the internal code simpler, to the small price of somewhat annoying code
in the API entry functions. It will also save us from having to debug the
current code's blocking functionality as that clearly doesn't work right now.

So unfortunately there won't be a release on the 24th, but I will instead aim
at getting it done one week later at March 31st.

I appreciate all the help I can get on this, but I will work on this plan no
matter what.