Subject: RE : RE : For the interested ones : libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fromfile with no need of the publickeyfile

RE : RE : For the interested ones : libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fromfile with no need of the publickeyfile

From: Jean-Louis CHARTON <Jean-Louis.CHARTON_at_oikialog.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:19:58 +0100

Hi Daniel,

Well, just because I supposed that the session struct fields have to be dynamically allocated.

How can I know which fields of the session struct have to be allocated and which one can in fact point to fixed storage?
How can I know for example that the libssh2_session_free() or other libssh2_session_xxxx functions will not in fact do a free on the session fields that are non NULL pointers? Remember, that I'm new to libssh2.

Knowing that, and if the userauth_host_method and userauth_pblc_method fields don't have to be allocated, your right, there is absolutely no need to malloc the method_buf.

My primary goal was to make libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile and libssh2_userauth_hostbased_fromfile work with no need of the publickeyfile because I thought it was a convenient feature. No, as I said, my code I more a proof of concept than a definitive perfect version.

JLC