Subject: RE: libssh2 in a multi threaded application

RE: libssh2 in a multi threaded application

From: Neil Gierman <ngierman_at_roadrunn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:36:25 -0500

As long as calling the openssl initialization functions multiple times
doesn't hurt. I have other libraries in my application with libssh2 that
also make calls to openssl initialization functions.

Also, from the openssl_add_all_ciphers man page: "Calling
OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() links in all algorithms: as a result a
statically linked executable can be quite large. If this is important it is
possible to just add the required ciphers and digests." We should take care
to not add extra ciphers that are not ever needed by ssh.

Just FYI, my application has on occasion launched around 16 sftp threads
with 2 ssh exec threads going on at the same time, and the only problem I
have ever had was a bug in the version of OpenSSL I was using at the time.

Neil