Subject: Re: known_hosts support (first take)

Re: known_hosts support (first take)

From: Ben Kibbey <bjk_at_luxsci.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 19:06:10 -0400

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 01:13:29PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I'm open for feedback and comments on this. I've not yet figured out
> the (E) part so I'm perhaps most interested on that... How does
> libssh2_hostkey_hash() relate to all this?

The OpenSSH known_hosts key format is the host key, but base64 encoded.
If you were to base64 decode it and then get the SHA-1 or MD5 hash of
it, it would be the same as libssh2_hostkey_hash(). It maybe better to
let the client do what it wants with it by adding
LIBSSH2_HOSTKEY_HASH_BASE64.

--
Ben Kibbey (bjk) @ FreeNode/OFTC/Jabber
KeyID: 0xF2B33BEF