Subject: Re: ssh-agent authorization patch (from patch tracker)

Re: ssh-agent authorization patch (from patch tracker)

From: Sob <sob_at_hisoftware.cz>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 21:02:36 +0200

I'm listening, although I'm not sure if I can help much.

I added the Putty part, because I wasn't aware of any other ssh agent
for Windows. A little later it occured to me that there might be
something in Cygwin, but didn't look for it yet.
I also thought about completely different approach. Instead of
letting the library do everything, just add some kind of
userauth_publickey_frommemory() with optional callback for agent
signing and let application deal with the agent stuff. Agent stuff
directly to library can easily be added later and make use of this
new function. Also possibility to read keys from memory would be nice
first step for support of keys in Putty format (that thing really
became the standard for ssh on Windows over the years :).
But that brings other problems and suddenly I was finding myself
somewhere where I wasn't really sure what I was doing. And I didn't
yet find enough time and enthusiasm at the same time to properly solve it.

So this is my part of the story.

--
Sob