Subject: Re: win32 tunneling

Re: win32 tunneling

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 08:53:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Roman Kubiak wrote:

> 1. i can't enable debug with libssh2, what is the proper way to do that
> apart from setting #define LIBSSH2DEBUG (dunno where to set it properly, i
> tried a few places) and adding the debug callback

Build libssh2 with LIBSSH2DEBUG defined everywhere. Then you use
libssh2_trace() in your app to ask for trace logging.

> 2. i can't detect EOF on the channel on win32, it never returns true,
> i connect one tunnel end to SQUID, perhaps
> there is something wrong there, i mean the proxy doesn't close the
> connection, perhaps it's a matter of headers or something (just thinking out
> loud here)

Can you produce a simple example that repeats this? You know if it works on
non-win32?

> i think you need to look at gettimeofday() in misc.c win32 doesn't have that
> i wrote a small replacement:

1 - please post patches done with diff -u

2 - the replacement is only necessary for win32 so your full-second version
     will only mess up. But ideally we should check for gettimeofday() in
     configure and just not define its presence in a hardcoded win32-version of
     libssh2_config.h