Subject: Re: libssh2 with git

Re: libssh2 with git

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:39:02 +0200

Hello Yang,

Yang Tse wrote:
> Would it be possible to somehow have commitdiff's or diffs between
> versions show up on the web interface as full-file dif's?

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are
requesting here. Can you please clarify a little?

> IMO Many times just the colored diff -u is less usefull than the
> whole file diff.

By "whole file diff" do you mean a single file that could be applied
using the patch command?

In that case, you can also get a plaintext version of the commitdiff.
Click on the "raw" link at the top of the page when viewing a
commitdiff. This is one such link:

http://git.stuge.se/?p=libssh2.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=2b8038e175e030113a0a75592a69cb4f98c23fe1

You can even use an abbreviated commitid parameter here, so the
following URL also works:

http://git.stuge.se/?p=libssh2.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=2b8038e1

As long as the hash is still unique, you'll get the right diff.

Please clarify a little if this doesn't answer your question.