Subject: Re: get off sourceforge?

Re: get off sourceforge?

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:34:41 +0100

2009/6/6 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> Peter, you were playing with trac install for libssh2 to take care of bug
> reports, how's the status there? Something we should/could switch to?
>
> We were also discussing moving the mailing list(s) to something that doesn't
> pollute each outgoing mail with 5 lines of crap. Any news on that front?
>
> I already host, run and admin a busload of mailman-based mailing lists (for
> curl, c-ares, Rockbox etc) so I'd be fine with adding a few more.
>
> Anyone with any particular opinions on these matters?

I had become quite disappointed with SourceForge a while ago but
recently they really seem to have gotten their act together. In
particular I'm impressed with their decision to integrate 'Hosted
Apps'. For instance, projects can opt to use Trac as their management
system hosted by SourceForge.

This page has a list of the hosted apps they currently support and it
keeps expanding:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Hosted%20Apps. I
can't see any ad-free mailing-list replacement so it may be best to
move this to Daniel's mailman setup but, overall, I suggest sticking
with SourceForge and using a hosted Trac setup for bug tracking.

Alex