Subject: RE: libssh2: win32 compilation fails with latest git

RE: libssh2: win32 compilation fails with latest git

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 23:11:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Neil Gierman wrote:

I'm posting to the new list, cc'ing the old one since Neil posted to that one.

> On a related note, I looked at both of the snapshot dsp files and the new
> knownhost.c is not in the source file section. Anyone who is starting from
> scratch would get an incomplete build without the knownhost.c file getting
> compiled and linked in.

The only sensible and working way to deal with DSP files (and other VS project
files) for us is to have them generated based on info used in the other build
scripts.

We do that in the curl project quite successfully, which then makes the VS
project files get updated accordingly when new files are added or old ones are
deleted etc.

But of course, it takes someone to do the job.