Subject: RE: release time soonish?

RE: release time soonish?

From: Mark Smith <mts-ssh_at_avcosystems.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:43:07 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Can you explain what WINAPI is and does and how it differs
> from the LIBSSH2_API define?

WINAPI is used by Windows to define __stdcall, it is needed for callbacks
that need to be exposed by the caller since the high level languages I work
with only generate stdcall callback prototypes. It can also be used to
declare exported methods to be called, but most high level languages can
call other declarations.

> Also, the patches for win32/libssh2_dll.dsp and
> win32/libssh2_lib.dsp didn't apply for me:

The dsp patches applied cleanly against the released 1.1 source, which is
what they were generated against. I'm confident they also applied against
the 1.1.1-20090702 snapshot I've been using; can I ask whether the version
you're using has changed since then, for example are they still VC6
compatible? If it's a problem I'm sure they can safely be ignored.

> I don't know what specific patch you're talking about so I can't tell!

I found it under the thread rooted at:

http://libssh2.haxx.se/mail/libssh2-devel-archive-2009-03/0115.shtml

I've updated it to work with the 1.1 tree and it certainly works fine for
the cases I use! I didn't have time to make any other changes, such as
stubs for GnuTLS as was suggested, but if you want the updated diff I can
send it over.

Regards,

--
Mark Smith