Subject: Re: a libssh2 release soon

Re: a libssh2 release soon

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:59:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:

>> -Werror is of course your choice. libssh2 does not build warning free so I
>> wouldn't use that...

> It should build free of warnings ;-)

Yes I agree. It is mentioned as a TODO item, but the API is in fact designed
in such a way that can't compile warning-free with strict compiler options. It
mixes object and function pointers. We can't fix that without breaking the ABI
so it won't be done completely until the next soname bump.

> This is how MinGW defines "FD_SET":
>
> typedef u_int SOCKET;
>
> #define FD_SETSIZE 64
>
> typedef struct fd_set {
> u_int fd_count;
> SOCKET fd_array[FD_SETSIZE];
> } fd_set;

Right, so this is then related to how we use 'int' for sockets internally when
we should rather switch to a separate type to deal with systems having
different signedness of the type. I've added a mention in the TODO for this.
If you're interested in working on this I'll be happy to get a patch to apply
after 1.2...