Subject: [ libssh2-Bugs-2825536 ] Double free or corruption of pointer on failed PW auth

[ libssh2-Bugs-2825536 ] Double free or corruption of pointer on failed PW auth

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:31:26 +0000

Bugs item #2825536, was opened at 2009-07-22 22:23
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bagder
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=703942&aid=2825536&group_id=125852

not just the latest update.
Category: misc
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have a perl script that uses libssh2 1.1 (via Net::SSH2) on Linux (RHEL 5 x86_64), and under some conditions, it crashes if it fails to authenticate (bad password) to a host with a glibc error:

*** glibc detected *** conf-sav.pl: fetching newtree/scn/sw1.bhmnoc: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000002394820 ***

If I load it up in gdb with the libssh2 debuginfo installed, I see the crash in session.c at line 843:

        LIBSSH2_FREE(session, session->userauth_list_data);

Comment By: Daniel Stenberg (bagder)
Date: 2009-07-28 19:31

Message:
Thanks for your help on improving libssh2!

We need more details on this bug entry to be able to sort it out properly,
and until more info is provided this entry will be set to 'pending' status
and will get closed automatically at a later date unless feedback has been
given.

Comment By: Daniel Stenberg (bagder)
Date: 2009-07-22 22:56

Message:
Please provide a proper example in C that repeats this problem.