Subject: Re: SCP upload failure

Re: SCP upload failure

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:43:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Jeremy Knope wrote:

> [libssh2] 4.745432 Conn: Close received for channel 0/0
>
> Seems like libssh2 says the channel close was received but is still blocked?

Ehum. It does indeed look like you're onto something here.

> Not sure if I'm reading it right, but I'm going to tweak some more and see
> if I can get more info about what's going on with writing of the data.

That "Close received" message comes from the _libssh2_packet_add() function.
The _libssh2_packet_add() gets called from one place, and that's from
fullpacket() which is only called from within _libssh2_transport_read() which
is the lowest level SSH transport reading function.

I have a feeling that the error is around src/channel.c:1830 (in current git)
where it only checks the remote.close or libssh2_channel_eof() if bytes_read
== 0, which seems like wrong presumption.