Subject: Re: ifdef in Makefile.inc?

Re: ifdef in Makefile.inc?

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 17:55:44 +0200

Hi Simon,
Simon Josefsson schrieb:
> No objection from me, although I suggest you use HAVE_LIBSSL and
> HAVE_LIBGCRYPT as the symbols to check -- configure already checks and
> sets those variables as appropriate.
ok, right - line 48ff of libssh2_config.h.in:
/* Define if you have the gcrypt library. */
#undef HAVE_LIBGCRYPT

/* Define if you have the ssl library. */
#undef HAVE_LIBSSL

but also we have at line 138ff:
/* Use libgcrypt */
#undef LIBSSH2_LIBGCRYPT

so my thought was to use only one define to decide whats used - that
makes Win32 and NetWare compilation work without changes and defaulting
to OpenSSL, and only if one wants libgcrypt he can then add
-DLIBSSH2_LIBGCRYPT - if we use two defines all platforms would need to
define one of these in any case + we need to check if not both were
defined, or none ...

I start now on it, and we can at any time change the defines quickly if
there's a strong reason to do so ...

Gün.

BTW. I did also post to you personally regarding your autobuild stats
because I want to add soem NetWare builds - though got no reply from
you, probably my mail went into spam bin?