Subject: Re: libssh2 error: Would block starting up channel

Re: libssh2 error: Would block starting up channel

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:15:26 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009, Samuel ROZE wrote:

>> Well, you could start with explaining a lot more about your code. That
>> error happens because otherwise it would block, as it says. That's normally
>> not a problem.
>
> What it would block ?

Did you try to read the docs? Is it really that bad?

The calls are blocking or non-blocking, and non-blocking ones can return
LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when they would otherwise block on a socket operation.

> My code is so simply: I have an opened SSH2 channel and, when my user want,
> I have to transfer files (SCP doesn't work...) so I use SFTP while my
> channel is connected and... this error appends !

It'll be much easier for us if you can show us a small application that
repeats the problem.

> Maybe I don't have to use libssh2_sftp_init but I can use my opened channel
> ? That may solve that problem ?

I don't understand. If you want SFTP, you need libssh2_sftp_init.

>> Also, it seems that line is quite far away from line 503 in current git
>> which gives me the impression you're using/looking in a rather old libssh2
>> version. Can that be the case?
>
> Version 1.2.1 (September 28, 2009)

Nope. There's no such error on src/sftp.c line 503 or even near it in that
version either. In 1.2.1 the libssh2_error() call is on line 562, which is
exactly where it still is in current git.