Subject: Re: mingw32 cross

Re: mingw32 cross

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:09:07 +0100

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> Perhaps your autobuild could use make -k so that it'll continue and
>> try the rest even if one fails?
>
> .. and I would also argue that we don't build the examples on the
> plain 'make' target to avoid examples problems to "taint" the main
> build like this.
>
> The examples would then rather build on 'make examples' or similar.
>
> Opinions?

My experience has been that this quickly leads to non-compiling
examples, which leads to user frustration.

For my other projects, I've decided that rather than having to do
massive fixes when someone reports that the examples are not building,
I'll include the examples in my daily builds where I'll quickly discover
that they aren't working -- and then I can either fix the problem or
back out the patch that broke the build.

But I don't feel strongly about it.

/Simon