Subject: Re: Patch to use aes_*_ctr in newer versions of OpenSSL and #if LIBSSH2_DSA for more DSA-code

Re: Patch to use aes_*_ctr in newer versions of OpenSSL and #if LIBSSH2_DSA for more DSA-code

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:11:19 +0100

Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> It seems some OpenSSL have AES-CTR and some do not,
>
> I expressed an idea a while back for libssh2 to autodetect what
> crypto is available and run with that. No need to decide at build
> time, right?

That should work, and sounds great. Patches welcome. :)

However, I recall that OpenSSL can be built in ABI-incompatible ways
depending on its build flags. So libssh2 would have to auto-detect this
too, and use the right struct's depending on which libssl is available
on the system. That may get messy. On the other hand, it may be that
libssh2's usage of OpenSSL is so simple that we aren't affected by the
ABI-incompatible stuff.

/Simon