Subject: Re: Patch to use aes_*_ctr in newer versions of OpenSSL and #if LIBSSH2_DSA for more DSA-code

Re: Patch to use aes_*_ctr in newer versions of OpenSSL and #if LIBSSH2_DSA for more DSA-code

From: Lars Nordin <Lars.Nordin_at_sdlabs.se>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:28:55 +0100

On 2010-03-01 14:55, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>>> This is a patch to use OpenSSL's version of aes_*_ctr functions and to
>>> not use DSA-code if not supported by OpenSSL
>>>
>> Thanks. I applied your DSA-code patch as-is,
>>
> Don't do this. DSA is required by RFC. Please have a look.
>

> //Peter

LIBSSH2 checks if DSA is supported by OpenSSL. If not LIBSSH2_DSA is set
to 0. My patch was to have this #if LIBSSH2_DSA around the actual
dsa-codem, in order to compile if used with an openssl-version without DSA

SSH can be used without DSA, but will break the RFC. It's up to the
enduser if he wants an SSH2 that break's the RFC (for me, the client i',
building will only talk with a openssh-server compiled using the same
OpenSSL-version (without DSA)

/Lars