Subject: Re: Greetings and a quick note about licening issuse in the Makefile.win32 in 1.2.4

Re: Greetings and a quick note about licening issuse in the Makefile.win32 in 1.2.4

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:55:26 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> I'm not sure if the Libssh2 group itself will want to include the
>> translated headers as part of the official distro, but once I'm
>> done porting all the demos apps and finished my testing, I would
>> definitely be willing to make them available - increasing the
>> reach of libssh2 even further.
>
> Surely that qualifies as a "library binding" ?

I'm not sure. C Johnson, could you please explain a little bit more
about those translated headers and demos? An example would be great!

>> Again, greetings to all, and I hope to become a more active member
>> of the community as time grows.
>
> Nice, you're most welcome!

Yes indeed.

As far as bringing up issues there are several approaches; inquire on
mailing list (as you did), inquire on IRC channel (less formal and
highly variable response time, from immediate to days) and finally
there's the option to create a new ticket in Trac at
http://libssh2.stuge.se/

Which option fits best depends a bit on the actual issue, and
sometimes the true nature of the issue is only discovered after some
investigation, so if something comes up in one forum that would
actually probably be better dealt with in one of the others then we
usually hint about that.

Trac also posts to the mailing list, so that's a two-in-one. :)
Trac tickets are especially good for things that may take a little
longer to investigate or fix.