Subject: Re: Character conversion for sftp

Re: Character conversion for sftp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:45:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Fritz Elfert wrote:

> To me, this looks more like an EBCDIC vs. ASCII problem rather than a
> problem with libssh2 code itself. What rings a bell here, is this:

Yes, that's what he's talking about and that's why I asked him to clarify,
since it was far from obvious in his first mail here.

He posted to the libcurl list first where I read it (and directed him here) so
I knew somewhat more what he was coming from. libcurl offers a callback for
charset translations, but as I'm not a EBCDIC guy myself I'd much rather hear
from someone who uses such systems on how a suitable solution for libssh2
would look like.