Subject: Re: Issues with using LibSSH2

Re: Issues with using LibSSH2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:32:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Kalyan Polasi wrote:

> We tried to compile the LIBBSSH2 source code of the version 2-0.9, which we
> are able to do it successfully after adding the external libraries from
> OpenSSL and zLib.

I assume you mean libssh2 version 0.9 ? That's a very old version we really
cannot recommend anyone to use.

> Now we have release version libssh2.lb file.

I don't know what version that is. I recommend using version 1.2.4 or trying
the git version.

> After that we tried to start with the example "direct_tcpip.c" which is
> available in the site.

You're better off using the example from the release archive for your version.
The version on the site is the current development version and right now that
means the examples don't quite work with (older) releases.

> 1. If I try to call the function "libssh2_init(0);", I am getting the below
> error

This function was recently added and does not exist in libssh2 version 1.2.4
or earlier, but will exist in 1.2.5 and future releases.