Subject: Re: Issues with using LibSSH2

Re: Issues with using LibSSH2

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 01:28:21 +0200

Kalyan Polasi wrote:
> Could you please suggest me the current working version

Try this: http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/libssh2-1.2.4.zip
Also see the page http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/ under
"Using the GnuTLS DLL from your Visual Studio program"
for more information about how you can use those binaries in your own
programs.

> for port-forwarding?

The direct_tcpip.c example demonstrates how to do it. You can
hopefully download that file and compile it, using Simon's
instructions on the page linked above.

> or can you help me with the simple example to connect to other
> machine using Libssh2?

Included in every release you can find multiple very simple examples
that will show how you can use libssh2 to connect to a remote host.

As an alternative to using the pre-built gnutls4win binaries, you
could also download the libssh2-1.2.4 release and try to build the
library binaries yourself, along with all the examples. That is more
difficult, but does have the examples.

> I was also not able to make use of libssh2_session_init(). Can you
> please tell me why I does I am getting that linker error?

If you are getting a linker error then your linker can not find some
symbol you are using.

None of the members in this group are experts with Visual Studio, so
we can't help much. Basically you have to be the expert on that, so
that you can configure your build environment correctly.

When building libssh2 some MSVC project files should also be built -
maybe those can help.