Subject: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 1.2.5

ANNOUNCE: libssh2 1.2.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:27:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

I'm happy to once again announce a libssh2 release. Version 1.2.5 was just
uploaded to the web site at http://www.libssh2.org/

This release includes the following changes:

  o Added Add keep-alive support: libssh2_keepalive_config() and
    libssh2_keepalive_send()
  o Added libssh2_knownhost_addc(), libssh2_init() and libssh2_exit()
  o Added LIBSSH2_SFTP_S_IS***() macros

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o fix memory leak in libssh2_session_startup()
  o added missing error codes - shown as hangs in blocking mode
  o fix memory leak in userauth_keyboard_interactive()
  o libssh2_knownhost_del: fix write to freed memory
  o Send and receive channel EOF before sending SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_CLOSE
  o Use AES-CTR from OpenSSL when available
  o Fixed gettimeofday to compile with Visual C++ 6
  o NULL dereference when window adjusting a non-existing channel
  o avoid using poll on interix and mac os x systems
  o fix scp memory leak
  o Correctly clear blocking flag after sending multipart packet
  o Reduce used window sizes by factor 10
  o libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile_ex() handles a NULL password
  o sftp_init() deal with _libssh2_channel_write() short returns

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

  Peter Stuge, Simon Josefsson, Alexander Lamaison, Paul Querna, Suyog Jadhav,
  Lars Nordin

         Thanks! (and sorry if I forgot to mention someone)