Subject: Re: Get rid of get_socket_nonblocking ?

Re: Get rid of get_socket_nonblocking ?

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:01:59 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> libssh2 uses only non-blocking sockets internally, and the idea is
> to remember the state so that when you stop using libssh2 on the
> socket it would bring it back to the previous state. I'm not
> convinced that's a feature anyone really cares about.

I agree. After libssh2 is done the socket will have been closed on
the other end, so who cares..

At some point I hope libssh2 will be blocking agnostic, and at that
point the Multinet TCP/IP stack may require a new API to tell libssh2
which blocking mode the socket is in, but there is also a chance that
libssh2 does not need to be told about this, and in any case this is
fairly far into the future.

Great work, Jose!