Subject: Re: SSH public key authentication failed: Invalid signature for supplied public key, or bad username/public key combination

Re: SSH public key authentication failed: Invalid signature for supplied public key, or bad username/public key combination

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:34:26 +0200

Hi Faizel,

Faizel Isaacs wrote:
> I'm getting the following sporadic error from libssh.
>
> SSH public key authentication failed:
> Invalid signature for supplied public key, or bad username/public
> key combination

You didn't say what key type you are using, but I suspect that this
is one of the DSA bugs that have been fixed.

> I'm currently running the below release levels for the product.
>
> curl 7.19.2 (ia64-hp-hpux11.31) libcurl/7.19.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8d libssh2/1.0

libssh2-1.0 is almost 1½ year old.

> I do see that there's a new version of libssh2 available does this
> new release cater for the sporadic error?

Yes, I believe you are seeing an issue which was fixed back in
December and was first available in the libssh2-1.2.3 release. I
would however recommend you to upgrade to at least libssh2-1.2.4
since it includes other important bugfixes. Feel free to try the most
recent release 1.2.5, but I believe it may suffer from a build error
bug on your platform. (That bug is fixed in git, so if you prefer you
can also use latest git source.)